We have been in touch with John Muir and Kaiser Walnut Creek and they are so happy to know the community is supportive and sending some food. I'm waiting on confirmation from Contra Costa Regional but hope to add them as well and will update when I confirm.
The Plan: My plan is to send approximately 30-50 lunches or dinners at a time to East Bay area hospitals (starting with Kaiser Walnut Creek, John Muir and Contra Costa Regional), through local restaurants, food trucks or catering companies. (All commercial kitchens required to follow health codes.) We would likely spend about $500 - 750 per order, possibly less. We will work with locally owned restaurants, catering services and food trucks who have a commercial kitchen and who can deliver. We may use a separate delivery if necessary. I’ll pay the restaurants directly for the food, and then will withdraw the funds as needed for reimbursement. Let’s see if we can raise enough to start with two meals per hospital. I’ll be thrilled to keep sending meals based on the funds available.
* Healthcare workers are fighting hard for all of us right now
* One way we can help is to send them food
* Local restaurants/catering/food trucks will supply/deliver 30-50 lunch or dinner meals, depending on staff needs
* We will update where/when meals were delivered and from which restaurants
* We will continue sending meals while funds allow; all funds collected will go toward meals
* Initial deliveries to Kaiser Walnut Creek, John Muir and Contra Costa Regional but will expand as we can
How You Can Help: (1) Donate if you can! (2) Share this campaign on your Facebook, Instagram, NextDoor, etc., if you are so inclined.
DonationsSee top donations
- Robbi Kane Senderov
- Jonathan Rosenbaum
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more