Farias Family Fire Fund
The Farias, a caring family with great faith, lost their home, belongings, and countless memories in a fire. Their home caught
on fire on Sunday, December 14, 2014 in the early morning. The Farias family woke up to a blaze of fire coming from their son’s room. As Miguel Farias woke up to the frightening screams of his son yelling, “fire-fire!” Miguel rushed to his son’s room pushing the door open, to find him on the floor screaming. The bedroom was in flames.
Miguel has been a painter for over 25 years and his wife is a dedicated grandmother who walks her grandchildren to school every morning and picks them up on a daily basis. Both Miguel and his wife serve in their church, Miguel serves in Sunday school and his wife serves in nursery. They attend church every Sunday and help families by providing service to them. The Farias family lost everything except their lives. They escaped from their burning home with nothing but the clothes they were wearing. Their immediate family is temporarily housing them and helping with what ever they can.
This is a time of year that the Farias family rejoices and gives thanks for all of the blessings they have had. This year they will rejoice and give thanks that they survived the fire. In the spirit of the season, let’s please help the family with their new start. Any amount contributed to their fund will make a huge difference to them and be deeply appreciated.
“I lost everything, my family lost everything, but we are very blessed because we are still alive. I thank my Heavenly Father for that.” Miguel Farias.
“I have nightmares at night, it’s hard for me to fall asleep, thoughts of the fire keep me up at night” Juan Farias.
REDWOOD CITY (CBS SF) — Six people were displaced in a two-alarm house fire near Redwood City early Sunday morning, a San Mateo County fire official said. Firefighters responded to a report of a fire in the 2900 block of Crocker Avenue in the North Fair Oaks area around 5:50 a.m., fire Battalion Chief Jim Stevens said. Arriving crews found smoke and fire coming from the first floor of the home, Stevens said. The fire was under control within 30 minutes of crews arriving on scene, he said. All six residents of the home had evacuated before firefighters arrived, according to Stevens. A man who lived in the home was transported to a hospital as a precaution, Stevens said. The blaze appears to have started in a back bedroom that then spread to the rest of the structure, which sustained “extensive damage,” Stevens said.
- Alan Laing
- T Suveerachaimontian Family
- Joanne Kelly
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more