Thankfully our mother was able to run outside to safety as soon as she noticed the smoke and flames from one of the rooms. Father and Maaike (one of the three sisters) rushed home from work as soon as they heard the news. But by the time they arrived the house was engulfed in flames and the local fire department and volunteers were doing what they could to control the fire. The house could not be saved and our parents and sister lost everything but the clothes they were wearing. We’re very thankful that no one was hurt.
Unfortunately there was no insurance on the house or any of our belongings.
The church and community have stepped in with some assistance and have provided temporary housing.
The money raised by this gofundme will be used to replace immediate daily items (winter clothing, shoes, cookware, food, etc.) until a less temporary living situation can be realized. Eventually we will have to find funding to rebuild a home.
Rolf and Ineke (our parents) always ensured their home was a welcome and loving place for friends and family. Over a decade of their life was dedicated to a non-profit organization (YWAM) providing care and outreach to people in need. They alway give so much and never ask for anything in return.
Please keep our family in your prayers as we work through this challenging event. Thank you for all support.
(Message Nils Fredriksen on Facebook if you have any questions or messages that need to be forwarded to Rolf, Ineke, and Maaike)
DonationsSee top donations
- Helen Merrigan
- Helen Merrigan
- Angela Valco
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more