On Sunday 1/7 I woke up throwing up. A couple hours later I was super lethargic, not eating/drinking anything, panting heavily and shaking. Mom decided to take me to the vet. The vet ran tests, X-Ray and blood work and everything came back good. They sent me home with pain and nausea medicine. The next day 1/8 mom noticed I was even more lethargic, standing around uncomfortable, I still hadn't eaten or drank anything and I was becoming dehydrated. Worried mom took me back to the vet to get on fluids. The vet did a second X-Ray and noticed I had lots of gas and stool build up and came to the conclusion I might have a blockage in my small intestine. I have refused to eat in almost 72 hours and my mom agreed to surgery today 1/9 to see if I have some bloackage that is causing my discomfort.
From Dess: For those who know me, Athena is my whole world. I would sacrifice everything for her. I love that dog more than I love anything on this planet.
We have already paid $1,100 in vet fees and the estimated cost for surgery is an additional $2,000. If they don't find anything the cost may go down. This money goes straight to her vet at Animal Medical Center of Murfreesboro. We agreed to get her into surgery as she hasn't had any food and we are super worried she could pass from starvation. This is our only option and anything helps. All I want is for my baby to come home.
Any money leftover from the vet bill will be donated to the Humane Society of Nashville
DonationsSee top donations
- Christian Ashburn
- Hailey Reeder
- Miranda Mosley
- Ashley Scott
- Kristen Davis
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more