In 2011 with so much pains he was taken to the hospital where he was diagnosed with Neurofibroma type 2 and a surgical excision was attempted in 14 of July 2011 and failed.
After that a CT scan of the neck shows anterior neck mass that is prominently on the left. The mass is bulky, lobulated and has septal enhancement. The mass extend superiorly to the angle of the mandible with intra-thoracic extension. The diagnosis is Hodgkin Lymphoma.
He has been refer to neck Surgeon/oncologist in Vickram hospital bangalore indian
The hospital in India has accepted to treat him, the cost is £17000 for 8 months treatments for chemotherapy, operations and radiotherapy.
Intra Ops findings were
1. Massive Neurofibroma mass extending from the posterior triangle to anterior triangle of the neck with adherence of mass to platyna muscle and Subclavian Vein.
2. Attempt at complete excision was made, but patient bled profusely and had to be transfused with 10 units of blood to sustain him.
3. The wound was packed after bleeding had been stopped
4. He subsequently had a second surgery where the pack was removed and wound was closed
5. He was discharged on 30th of July, 2011
6. At review in the clinic, he was noted to have residual neurologic deficit with winged scapula on the left side.
7. He is being followed up with regular physiotherapy and will require assessment as to the possibility of a repeat surgery.
Please everyone out there, to please, please help to save his life. The money will be used for his hospital treatment in Indian and a treatment video will be uploaded. you can see his current video at https://www.facebook.com/ikpon.joseph .
Thank you so much for your kindness and God will be kind and helper to you too.
- Evelyn Stevenson
- Akin Ayoola
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more