Everything Lost in House Fire (Savioe, Mexico, NY)

From CNYCentral.com:

"...Julia Savoie's family was sleeping, after a big christmas celebration.

She wasn't home, and her brother Hudson was the first to wake up.

"He woke up and heard the fire alarms, and at that point he went downstairs to wake up my parents. Dad got up and it's all kind of a mess," remembered Savoie, "he tried to go in and put out the fire with the hose, because at that point it wasn't that big. But, the hose was frozen, it wasn't in our basement and it wasn't working."

Savoie says her parents and brother made it out of the house, and her dad drove down the street to the family's country store to call 911, with the help of his father-in-law Will Comley.

"We got there and flames were leaping out of the windows, and a plume of smoke a thousand feet high was there, and there was no saving anything. We were just thankful that everyone was out of the house," explained Comley, "quite a tough thing to watch, their life and belongings disappear."

Of all five family pets, just one is accounted for, and his name is Bear.

Julia's father has some serious burns on his face.

But even with nothing, this family is grateful to have each other.

"Family, your friends and your faith in God. It's not your house, not your car it's not what you have in the bank, it's the people you trust and the God that you trust, that's what you have," said Comley."

Please consider doing what you can to help this wonderful family who escaped with literally nothing but each other.  Joe will be out of work until he recovers from his injuries.  For a time they will be dependent on the kindness and generosity of others.  Thank you for your thoughtful consideration.
  • Marietta Strickland 
    • $50 
    • 40 mos
  • Cecil Martin 
    • $100 
    • 41 mos
  • Kirk Martin 
    • $50 
    • 41 mos
  • Bonnie Boudreaux  
    • $25 
    • 41 mos
  • Phyllis Williams 
    • $20 
    • 41 mos
See all

Organizer and beneficiary

Clark Sargeant 
Mexico, NY
Carl Savoie