My daughter came home from work last night, to discover their home was completely engulfed in fire. Pulling up in to the driveway, she thought her car was over heating, but it was the heat coming from the house. When she looked up she saw the flames.
Her son was at school, but the 2 dogs, Girl and Kipper were in the fenced back yard freaking out. Some neighbors came to save the dogs and 911 was called and arrived within 5 minutes. It's been raining all day, and every single thing in their home is either burnt, smoked or wet.
They lost everything. Even the Christmas tree. All the clothes. The entire kitchen. The furniture, and all of the electronics. The firemen saved a few pictures but nothing else was saved. Please help save this family. It was a rental. They had minimum renters insurance. Since the husband just was laid off a few weeks ago, they will be unable to get into another rental anytime soon.
What they need is funds to stay in a hotel until they can rent another home. They do belong to a nearby church, and hopefully they can help. The 2 dogs are fine, they are staying with me for now. Jeremiah, he is 5 lost all his gadgets and toys, but even worse, they have lost their home they have lived in for a while now. They have friends and family, to help them physically, but financially is where immediate help is truly needed here.
Please have an electrician just do a check on your attic wiring just for peace of mind. The Flower Mound Fire Department went way above and beyond helping us sift thru the ashes for anything to load in our vehicles. God saved my kids yesterday, it could have just as easily happened at 4am instead of 4pm. Remember to say "I Love You" to your family every chance you get.