- We are THE H.E.ART, Heartfelt Education through the Arts (formally known as The Robinson Project) which has been giving back to children and young adults in the Arts for over 23 years.
- Led by Ms. Eartha Robinson and Ms. Vernée Watson this program still remains a safe and supportive place for our students with tender Hearts to land and find their inner power.
- Ms. Eartha and Ms. Vernée continue to give back to our children by instilling in their students a love for the arts. As well as life experiences for building self esteem with a powerful voice to unashamedly proclaim who they are.
- Our calling from the start is to serve our community…our children and youth by nurturing their holistic development and fostering their success.
- Due to the traumatic effect of the COVID-19 Pandemic, our children have suffered mentally, emotionally and physically. Our children were without a voice, or ways to express what they were feeling.
- Cries were heard all around as we struggled to make sense of the unknown, and the impact the pandemic would have on our future.
- We at The H.E.ART felt and shared their pain. We jumped in early to help with the healing process. We conducted virtual classes and workshops. We provided socio-emotional support to our students as well as help with crisis navigation for our families.
- We heard their pleas for help and continued our mission with little to no assistance from government funding, grants or loans.
- When we were able to open safely for in-person classes, we created a safe space and soft place to land by supporting their socio-emotional needs.
- The H.E.ART became their community….a community that uplifts and helps our children navigate their full potential.
- Blessed to have our first partnership with LAUSD. An extended care program for the arts at Lankershim Elementary School in North Hollywood.
We need your support to continue to grow and serve the greater Los Angeles community. Our at-promise and underserved youth need music, dance, acting, voice combined with hope and faith for optimal personal development and success.
Call to Action:
- Now more than ever we are asking your support to allow our students the right to a comprehensive Arts Education.
- Our children desperately need and deserve the Arts to thrive. Learning through the arts is the cornerstone for interpersonal and intrapersonal skill development. We endeavor to set our children up for success by nurturing their mental and emotional stability through creative expression.
- We want to provide scholarships for students in need, teachers, supplies, nutritional snacks, costumes, audio-visual supplies, and theater space. These provisions have been a challenge to maintain.
- Our goal is to increase our capacity, and help more students in need of the Arts for their wholeness and wellbeing.
Ms. Eartha and Ms. Vernée continue to pour into the future of the Arts. We know that nothing replaces the Arts, and the healing it brings to so many youth. We are asking for your support. Any amount that you can give would help us continue our gift of creative expression, heartfelt education and support to our students and their families.
We are thanking you in advance for your support and generosity for our current students and those to come, the cultural arts community, socio-emotional health and well-being.