The EU referendum has already had a very significant impact on their lives, from a rise in hate crimes directed at them to the uncertainty about their future rights which — contrary to the UK government’s claims — have not been secured. Settled Status, as is explained here, is not a solution that has put minds at ease.
Become an #EUcitizensChampion today to help!
By becoming an #EUcitizensChampion with your donation, you will support the3million, the UK’s leading not for profit organisation working to protect EU citizens’ rights. The plan of the3million is clear: to advocate for a legal immigration status that will protect all EU citizens and their families after Brexit for the rest of their lives.
This is why the #EUcitizensChampion Campaign is asking for your support.
The task lying ahead is enormous and EU citizens need your help so that they do not become the victims of bureaucracy, and do not end up being a new Windrush generation.
What will the funds raised be used for?
All funds raised will go to the3million, the UK’s leading not for profit organisation working to protect EU citizens’ rights. In that capacity, the organisation has given evidence to the UK and EU Parliaments, and works with the media, embassies and governments throughout the UK and EU27 countries. The work of the3million will centre on two strands to protect the rights of EU citizens in the UK. The funds raised from this campaign will go towards funding these two strands:
- To feed into national information campaigns over the next two years that seek to inform EU citizens living in the UK about the application phase to settled status (or an alternative status in case of a no deal scenario), and to liaise with organisations, including those that support vulnerable EU citizens (such as children, older people, persons with disabilities, people who are isolated, certain groups and communities, etc). This includes the establishment of a new charity - Settled - to help the most vulnerable EU citizens to get documented and remain lawfully in the UK for the rest of their lives.
2) Monitoring the Home Office
- To run a research project to monitor, in real-time, the effectiveness of the application process by the Home Office from the perspective of EU citizens.
- To gather experiences of EU citizens applying for the 'settlement scheme' from its inception (end of 2018) until the end of the grace period (end June 2021), or of alternative application schemes for EU citizens in case of a 'no deal' scenario.
- To report back in monthly updates and quarterly reports, which will be fed back to the Home Office and shared publicly to keep everyone informed.
How can donors get updates?
Donors can see regular updates on the progress of the work of the3million on their website and via their Twitter account. The campaign website also offer a Newsletter with updates for donors.
Who is behind the campaign?
The #EUcitizensChampion Campaign was founded by Tanja Bueltmann in July 2018. Tanja is an EU citizen who lives in the UK and a citizens’ rights campaigner who began campaigning on this issue after the UK’s EU referendum in 2016. In that capacity she has written for The Guardian and the THE among others. To learn more about why Tanja founded this campaign, read her article 'You're safe here … until you're not': EU citizens in the UK are fighting for their rights. In her life beyond campaigning Tanja is a Professor of History at Northumbria University in Newcastle upon Tyne. You can follow Tanja on Twitter @cliodiaspora
Who is the campaign beneficiary and how are funds withdrawn?
As stated, the campaign is for the3million.
Tanja Bueltmann is not involved with the organisation in an official capacity, and therefore, is not the beneficiary of this campaign. Consequently, she has no access to the funds raised and is not withdrawing them as they are being withdrawn directly for the3million.
Nicolas Hatton is co-founder and co-chair of the3million. He is, for the purpose of withdrawing funds directly on behalf of the3million, the GoFundMe beneficiary of this campaign; that is why his name may also appear on this campaign page. As the organisation’s verified beneficiary account holder, Nicolas is directly withdrawing the funds raised from this campaign for the3million.
Other campaign contributors
The campaign launch video was produced and contributed by actor/writer David Schneider with help from his team.
If you have any further questions about the campaign, please contact [email redacted].uk
If you would like to know more about the3million and what the funds raised are being used for, please contact them directly or follow them on Twitter @the3million
DonationsSee top donations
- Barbara Wassell
- Gill Cooper
- Richard Blazek
- Paul Rosson
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more