Caroline and Trent, and their 4 year old daughter Harper, lost everything except the clothes they were wearing and Harper's American Girl Doll in a house fire on Wednesday, March 22nd.
Caroline was at home putting Harper to bed and Trent was at a neighbors house when the power went out unexpectedly. She went to check on things and saw flames coming from the garage connected to their house. Luckily she was able to quickly get Harper and their dogs, Charlie and Lola, out of the house safely. In just a couple more minutes, the entire house was engulfed in flames.
We still don't know the cause of the fire, but we are so thankful everyone is safe.
If you don't know Trent and Caroline, they are a real estate agent and second grade teacher in Cross Plains, WI. They are kind and gentle people. They are amazing parents to Harper, great friends, and loved members of the community. Harper is the sweetest, sweet-tooth, girly-girl you can meet. We are blessed to call them family.
They are so loved, so we know people are going to ask how they can help. As they start rebuilding their life, if you would like to and are able to financially contribute, it would be much appreciated. While they have home insurance, it won't cover all the expenses that will come up in this long process they are about to embark on.
With much gratitude,
The Estabrook/Paine families
*****Please see "updates" page for new information about the fund and on Trent, Caroline and Harper
Updates on fire
- Nicholas Wilkie
- Nicolas Henige
- Kristen Pederson
- Avicenna Society of Madison
- Judith Parish
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more