Equestrians at UW Support Serenity Equine Rescue


Perks for donating include:
$20: Sticker (scroll to end of story to see design)
$75: T-Shirt (scroll to end of story to see design)
$100: Two T-shirts
$500: Advertisement at next in person UW hosted IHSA show (banners and tables may be set up), logos on website, logos in a thank you video
$1,500: Socially distanced tour and catered lunch with director this Spring 2021 at Serenity Equine Rescue and Rehabilitation
*Please leave your email in your donation message so we can contact you

Check out our team website for more info 

Check out the Serenity website for more info


We are the Equestrian Team at the University of Washington, a club sport that competes through the Intercollegiate Horse Shows Association. In this year's annual fundraiser we have partnered with Serenity Equine Rescue and Rehabilitation. Serenity is a non-profit rescue and sanctuary program specializing in equine rescue, rehabilitation, education and healing. 60% of all donations will go to Serenity and the remaining 40% will go to supporting our club. This year our club lost our annual funding from UW Intramural Activities due to the financial hardships brought on by the pandemic. Serenity has also suffered a significant reduction in donations, partially due to being unable to hold their various fundraisers. We encourage you to donate if you are able, anything is greatly appreciated.

Some of the things donations cover at Serenity are:

Feed & Supplements
Veterinarian & Medicine
Farrier Care
Training
Shavings for stalls
Farm Maintenance
Welfare Checks & Safety Net Program 

A list of benefits and things our club put donations toward include:
Lowered/nonexistent yearly club dues
Hosting our next show (venue, ribbons, medic, judges, etc.)
Hotel costs at shows (for both athletes and coaches)
Gas reimbursement (both for club members driving to shows and people donating horses to our shows)
Money to buy team gear to share (spurs, hairnets, etc.)

The UW Equestrian Team welcomes riders of all experiences and interests. We recognize that this sport is expensive, and through our club we aim to eliminate the effect that money has on our members participation in activities and competition. 

This year our club lost our annual funding from UW Intramural Activities due to the financial hardships brought on by the pandemic. We recognize that we are not the only ones affected financially at this time and through our partnership with Serenity Equine Rescue and Rehabilitation we hope to give back to the horses that work so hard for us and who are also greatly affected by the current state of our world.

Serenity is entirely volunteer run and 100% of monies donated goes towards supporting the horses on our farm and those in the community in need through their Safety Net program. 

With recent economic woes brought on by the coronavirus pandemic, Serenity has been unable to help at the same level as previous years. In addition to a decrease in donations, their annual Open House and our largest fundraiser, the Hearts and Horses Auction, were canceled negatively impacting their annual budget by 25%. While donations have declined the need for their help has grown considerably.

We hope this fundraiser can help ensure that our equestrian club activities at UW can continue and Serenity Equine Rescue and Rehabilitation can continue to provide much needed services for horses and horse owners in the area.

50955646_1603831967223562_r.jpeg50955646_1603832005699239_r.jpeg

Donations

 See top
  • Stephanie Clarno 
    • $100 
    • 1 d
  • Kerri OFarrell 
    • $100 
    • 2 d
  • Geoffrey Porter 
    • $50 
    • 8 d
  • Barbara Deming 
    • $25 
    • 8 d
  • Mark Dunbar 
    • $100 
    • 10 d
See all

Fundraising team: UW Equestrian Team (20)

UW IHSA 
Organizer
Seattle, WA
Julie Porter 
Team member
Adrianna Arroyo 
Team member
Brenda Lane 
Team member
Danika Overstreet 
Team member
See all

  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more