I am a multimedia artist based in the UK since 2009. After twenty years working internationally as a performance aerial artist, I decided to pursue a career as a fine artist, choosing London as the platform for this future. Over seven years I established a strong academic grounding, built a network and created a considerable body of work. I finished my studies at the Middlesex University, specialising in ceramics, with a distinction. Since then I have participated in various group and solo exhibitions; my works are in many private collections as well as Tate Britain. I moved to Hastings in 2015 to set up a ceramic studio.
In June 2017 I was offered a place to study ceramics and glass on the Royal College of Art (RCA) MA course. The first year has been full of challenges, hard work and very demanding; I participated in two group shows and was chosen by Waddeston Manor’s creative director to design a dinner set to be included in their collection.
June 10th this year was a disaster for me. A fire swept rapidly through my apartment, I had just three minutes to escape and found myself standing on the street in just my boxer shorts watching helplessly. I lost my home, my artwork, everything I owned. Although I wasn’t physically harmed, on a personal, emotional and economic level I was devastated. Unfortunately I wasn’t insured, but thanks to friends and family I was able to restore some of the basics and start to rebuild my life.
Because my financial situation is so fragile I now face losing the single most important thing to me, my place on the RCA MA course. I need to find funds to cover my fees as well as to cover modest living expenses.
Second year students are expected to be fully committed with the programme and to create an exceptional body of work - and I need the finance to enable this to happen.
I need help
£10,000 is needed by the 20th of this month to pay my fees. I also need to raise funds for materials and living expenses.
Any help is welcome, besides my eternal gratitude, I do not have much to offer, every person giving me their support will be acknowledged as a vital part of my career.
Any amount is making a difference and I am very grateful for it, if you can also help me sharing my history it will be amazing.
The cause of the fire was a fake, faulty iPhone charged my flat mate had in his room. Do not use fake ones and if you do,
never leave it charging unattended, three more minutes, and I will not be here sharing my history or asking for your help.
DonationsSee top donations
- Chuan Wong
- Mia Jackson
- Andrei Knight
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more