Katherine Hughes-Fraitekh, Co-Founder and Director of Solidarity 2020 and Beyond, invites you to give to the S2020B Global Grassroots Activists Small and Emergency Grant fund.
Make an immediate difference by donating today to support courageous grassroots activists and peacebuilders working in high-risk regions around the world for peace, justice, and dignity. They are facing major challenges exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic but are continuing to achieve important wins for change in communities around the world.
- pushing back against election violence in Kenya;
- protecting human rights defenders struggling for democracy and rights in Western Sahara, Palestine and Uganda;
- building alliances to change policies on women’s rights and violence against women in Pakistan, India and Guatemala;
- struggling for democracy in Tunisia, Sudan, and Colombia through funds to activists for virtual training and support for activists;
- supporting safe houses outside the country for students at risk from the military government in Myanmar; and
- working for environmental and indigenous rights and saving river systems in Nepal, Brazil, Myanmar, Southeast Asia, and India, among many other issues.
Your donation to Solidarity 2020 and Beyond’s Funding Campaign for Global Grassroots Activists will go directly to these amazing people in the field struggling for a better world. Your donation will go to build our emergency and small grants pool which goes 100% to local communities with no overhead. The emergency grants fund critical needs like security and relocation, micro-enterprise and livelihoods, safe houses, healthcare and psycho-social programs to keep activists and their families healthy, enabling them to continue their critical work.
Our small grants fund advocacy campaigns and activities such as an International Peace Day for youth and prevention of election violence community dialogue in Kenya; nonviolent action training workshops to develop networks and action plans in Southeast Asia and Palestine; and Social Justice clubs in Uganda.
"Solidarity 2020 and Beyond helped us to amplify the appeal that we were sending out as human rights defenders; and I've been on the frontline. We were able to fundraise for people to cater for their basic needs, but also to look on alternative shelters for women who are most vulnerable." - Ruth Mumbi, GGAN Member, Social Justice Activist, Kenya
If you would like to read more details about our campaign, please check out our website as well!
- Nora Didkowsky
- David and Jan Hartsough
- IGLI Stipend Matching Donation
- Anonymous Major Donor
Fundraising team (4)
Raised $2,150 from 4 donations
Raised $1,560 from 16 donations
Raised $25 from 1 donation
This team raised $6,565 from 15 other donations.