I have just spoken with a work colleague of Millie, and with her friend Tore, who have given me their approval to launch this fundraiser. They confirm that it will not conflict with any other actions to help Millie. All proceeds will be transferred to Millie or her designate as soon as she’s out of custody.
I've been asked by GoFundMe to provide additional information about this campaign, namely:
1. Who you are
2. Where you're from
3. Your relationship to the parties you're raising funds for
4. How the funds will be used (be specific as possible)
If you intend to withdraw the money, how you plan to send the funds to the parties you're raising money for or use the money on their behalf
Going in order:
1. I'm Ezra Levant. I'm a journalist and president of Rebel News Network Ltd., which operates www.RebelNews.com.
2. I live in Toronto, Canada, which is why this campaign is denominated in Canadian currency.
3. I don't have a relationship with Millie, other than the same as many people -- I like her work, and I was disturbed by the video of her arrest. I contacted several people more closely connected to her, including a work colleague of hers, to encourage them to set up a GoFundMe for Millie, but none wanted to do it, so I just jumped in. I've done this before, both on GoFundMe and on other crowdfunding sites. For example, I recently set up a crowdfunding campaign for Cassandra Fairbanks when Antifa attacked her family home.
4. Ideally, I will assign the ability to withdraw funds to Millie herself, or to any designate she directs me to do (e.g. her lawyer). This is a GoFundMe function. I have been trying to find out if she has a lawyer already or other information. From what I understand, she is in jail until Monday, but I hope that changes.
Any other questions, feel free to contact me, but there's really not more to it. I do not have any reliable information about the charges against her, but that's irrelevant to me -- I don't like how she was arrested, and know that she'll need help covering legal bills and other expenses.
DonationsSee top donations
- Jeff Melanson
- Spencer Ring
Fundraising team: Protect independent journalists (2)
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more