Main fundraiser photo

EMBER needs your help!

Donation protected
Hello my name is Jenna Sheehan. I am a lifelong resident of Marlborough, NH. I have 2 children, Ava8 & Tanner6, that are with me full time. 2.5ish years ago our lives were blessed with a puppy, Okeley. She was exactly what our family needed. More than I even knew, She is now my service dog. Shortly after we got Okeley we heard the breeder was having another liter, accidentally. They needed help finding homes. So of course we helped and took one in to our home, Then there was Odin. Of course this was during covid so getting them in to get fixed wasnt an option. This past October our attempts of keeping them separated failed and we had a pregnant Okeley. After a long 9 weeks she had her liter. She was an amazing momma she wouldn’t leave there side for about 3 weeks except to go potty. We found homes for 4 out of the 5. At about 4 weeks ember had just grown on the whole family. After all of the loss and trauma our family has gone through over this past year we decided it would be best for the family to keep her. And she adopted the nickname Smudge, because every time she enters a room she just sucks the negative energy right out of it. Which is exactly what our family has needed!!
In January 2022 we lost my mom to stage IV metastatic colon cancer. The impact of her loss on my family has been devastating to say the least. My daughter especially was very close with her and it has been tremendously hard navigating through the grief. We also lost my little cousin to suicide in February of this year. Again Ava was hit hard with this loss, as Elijah spent many weekends babysitting them. Ember has truly helped this process of trauma and grief not only for the whole family but especially my children. We got Ava a counselor and a recommendation for an ESA animal. And we are going to start training Ember as an ESA/Service animal.
However last week Ember was playing outside with momma Okeley and hurt her leg. She didn’t present like it was to severe, so we waited a few days to see if it would get better. After about a week of no improvement I took her to Bedford pet urgent care. They took X-rays and determined she has a serious break and needed surgery a week ago of course any pet owner knows that feeling of regret and disappointment in yourself for not acting sooner! I will be honest half of the hesitation was the cost. Afraid it would be something so major that I couldn’t afford. But that didn’t matter Ember needed to be seen. Bedford quoted me $4000 for her surgery(which was way to low) I didn’t know how I was going to make that happen. I got on applied for credit because I just didn’t have that in savings. I was able to get $2200 in care credit and another $1000 between savings and another cc. From the help & generosity of my friends and family we were able to get the $4000 together & CAVES took it for a down payment. However it is still going to be another $3000-$5800. Depending on how difficult the surgery is. I have maxed out my credit cards and emptied my savings. It is going to be extremely difficult as a single income family to pay off the remaining balance. It is very rarely I ask people for help and I never would of thought to make one of these but a few friends have strongly recommended I make this.
I am asking you all please help EMBER!! Our family really needs your help right now Ember needs your help right now!! Any amount is never to small and if you can’t donate please help by sharing and getting Ember story out there. We truly thank you all for your kindness and generosity

Update on our little smudges.
She made it through a long tough surgery yesterday(Tuesday) The surgeon said it was one of the toughest breaks she’s ever had to work on. As ember is so little and the break now happened nearly 12 days before surgery. Her little body had already started to fuse and reheal itself. Of course in the wrong position so they had to rebreak it, scrapaway new bone growth and pin and screw her little knee together correctly. If we can keep ember calm and content for the next 21 days without re-injuring she should have a successful heal. Keeping a 15 week old puppy calm for the next 21 days is going to be the biggest challenge oh all. I finally able to go pick her up today!!

A HUGE THANK YOU! to everyone who has helped us and helped us to get her the surgery she needs. She’s still not out of the woods. And we still have a massive bill to pay off. if anyone can please help us we have a gofundme page for Ember.


Jenna Sheehan
Marlborough, NH

Your easy, powerful, and trusted home for help

  • Easy

    Donate quickly and easily

  • Powerful

    Send help right to the people and causes you care about

  • Trusted

    Your donation is protected by the GoFundMe Giving Guarantee