With your help, I will get to attend Bread Loaf Writers' Conference from August 14 "“ 24, 2013 in Middlebury, Vermont.
Got questions? I've got answers:
How will my donation be used?
- 100% of funds raised within my goal go directly to Bread Loaf Writers' Conference Tuition, Room & Board, Roundtrip Airfare (San Diego, CA/Burlington, Vermont), and Airport Shuttle.
- 100% of funds raised OVER my goal go directly to my volunteer group: San Diego Youth Services STARS program that assists teenage girls affected by commercial sexual exploitation and human trafficking.
Is there a deadline?
- Yes! I need to meet my goal by July 9, 2013. (That's less than a week!)
Why Bread Loaf Writers' Conference?
- It's the most prestigious and longest running writers' conference in the United States.
- It's an honor to be invited - 81% of the writers who applied this year were rejected.
- It's a place to share my manuscript, get advice from published writers, meet NY agents and editors, and be a part of the next generation of important writers.
What are you writing?
- "In the Land of Liars, Cheats & Thieves: A Love Story," a memoir that chronicles my journey through sexual exploitation and what happens when a random call to a radio station DJ challenges everything I thought I knew about men.
Can you tell more about the creativity coaching you are offering on your donation page?
- As an intuitive Certified Creativity Coach, I can help you overcome what stands between you and your creative dream.
- First you will receive a questionnaire by email to help identify your specific creative goals and your creative blocks.
- Examples of creative blocks: Do you have many creative ideas but don't know where to start? Do you find yourself overwhelmed? Procrastinating? Lost in self-doubt? Does it seem impossible to shut off the negative self-talk? Are you experiencing writer's block?
- We will schedule a mutually agreeable time for your private one-to-one coaching session by phone and create a plan of action. - If more than one session is purchased, we will schedule upcoming sessions at intervals to keep you on track.
- Multiple coaching sessions can be purchased and all sessions will occur between September 2013 and March 2014.
Please share this with friends, family and others who support artists and the arts.
Thank you for your consideration. Your support means the world to me and I promise to pay it forward!
With much gratitude,
PEN Center USA Emerging Voices 2013 Fellow
Certified Kaizen-Muse Creativity Coach
San Diego Youth Services STARS:
Conference brochure: http://www.middlebury.edu/media/view/442010/original/brochure_2013.pdf
Wonderful essay about last year's writers' conference by Michael Borne: http://www.themillions.com/2012/08/keeping-the-faith-ten-days-at-bread-loaf.html
Elle's Facebook page:
DonationsSee top donations
- ED & Andi Buerger
- Anne Porter
- Eber Lambert
- Leslie Nack
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more