The Learning Tre S.T.E.M.-Arts School is a non-profit 501©3 independent elementary and middle school located in Queens, New York with a 24-year history of empowering youth through education.
In September 1996 we opened our doors in a low income predominately African American community where many families had been told their children as young as first grade were slow learners, retention allocated to repeat a grade, behavior problems, etc. Five years later the culture of the community became more diverse with some of the same education challenges. Our school has proven that a loving and patient environment, along with small class sizes, bring about positive learning behavior; challenges become more acceptable and students strive. Now more than ever we see the importance of small class sizes and how vital they are to all student’s well-being.
· Students consistently perform above or on grade level.
· Continual positive behavioral changes for learning.
· Middle School graduate’s acceptance into top Specialty High Schools.
· 98% of our graduating students enter four-year college and graduate such as: Howard University, Morgan State University, Morehouse College, Stanford University, Harvard and St. John’s University to name a few.
COVID-19 has made it more difficult to sustain ourselves due to inadequate space due to new social distancing spacing guidelines. Acquiring adequate space that would meet the need of many families who do not feel safe with their child/children in a crowded environment would alleviate a strain on families. The school would be able to help more families while increasing student and staff growth.
Immediate Needs: / $150,000
· Acquire a location space with a minimum of 8,000 – 10,000 sq. ft.
· Strong marketing campaign to make our services known to the community.
· Covering operating cost over the next twelve months.
· Continue to provide quality and essential education to youth and families.
· Provide parental support via tutorials to help parents adjust to the new education normal(s) (i.e. virtual learning).
· Continue our track record of success in education in our community.
- Rona Maybank
- Rhonda Johnson
- Marcia Hogan
- Evelyn Smith
- David Aiken
Learning Tree Stem-Arts School
Donations are typically 100% tax deductible in the US.