As we celebrate the proud history of Dungannon FC during our 150th season of rugby, we also look to build for the future by raising funds to invest in our playing facilities and clubhouse. This investment will seek to ensure that our players, members and the local community have facilities that meet their needs. It will also help to generate a sustainable income that can be ploughed back into maintaining top class playing facilities and a strong coaching set up, that will enable our players to perform to the best of their ability and ensure that Dungannon FC continues our proud 150-year history, as one of the top rugby clubs in Ulster and Ireland.
The club has set a target of raising £150,000 during our 150th season and as at September 2023 we have so far raised £78,000.
A crucial part of this fundraising is our 150 Years of Rugby Go Fund Me campaign which provides an opportunity for members and supporters both locally and overseas to join in our 150th season celebrations and make a valuable contribution towards the club’s future. We have set a target of £50,000 to be raised via Go Fund Me.
Other fund-raising efforts taking place over the season include grant funding, club golf classic, 150th club merchandise and will culminate in our 150th Gala Ball. Further details can be found at www.dungannonrugby.com
Investment in our playing facilities.
We want to carry of the following improvements to our playing facilities:
• During summer 2023 new LED floodlighting was installed on the 2nd pitch to provide improved training facilities. Sponsorship packages are available to support the funding of these works and many thanks to the sponsors who have made donations totalling £7,000 to date.
• During summer 2024 we wish to install LED floodlighting to the 1st pitch and Funding of £64,000 has been secured for this work as part of Ulster Rugby’s successful Levelling Up Fund application.
• Maintain an on-going programme for maintenance/refurbishment works to both pitches at the end of each season to ensure the on-going quality of the playing surface.
Investment in our clubhouse facilities
During 2020/21 we completed Phase 1 of refurbishment works to the clubhouse which substantially improved the bar and dining room facilities. These works were funded by generous donations totalling £35,000 through a Go Fund Me campaign and the generous donation of materials and labour from local businesses and club members.
The investment in these refurbishment works have led to increased use of the clubhouse by members and the local community, generating additional income for the club. We therefore wish to carry out Phase 2 refurbishment works to replace tired, outdated accommodation and further enhance the appearance and functionality of the clubhouse. These Phase 2 works include:
• Strip out and completely refurbish the ladies toilets;
• Strip out the existing gents toilets and refurbish the space to provide a new club office and reception adjacent to the main clubhouse entrance;
• Strip out the existing club office and sub-divide the space to provide new gents toilets and a new club kit shop/coffee dock;
• Refurbish the main entrance doors and the foyer to the bar and dining area;
• Raise the level of the paved area at the front entrance to improve accessibility and provide an external seating/function area accessible from the bar; and
• Refurbish the cabinets displaying the club memorabilia.