This is Duke, April and I's French bulldog who is now almost 4 years old. For the past week and a half he has been in severe pain from what seems to be IVDD, although he has not been diagnosed 100% with it due to not being able to afford a MRI. He has been prescribed a pain killer and muscle relaxers, the doses have been maxed out on for the past week. He has not improved within this time frame and has actually deteriorated despite crate rest and meds. Our vet is recommending a MRI as the next step, and potentially surgery. Which has to wait until atleast Monday April 1st due to the neurologist schedule. Obviously if neither is needed and he somehow gets better on just meds in the next 3 days all donations will be refunded. I've never seen a animal in so much pain and it kills a little bit of my wife and I everytime we see him cowering, twitching and yelping. The reason I'm putting it at $8500 the MRI is $2700 to $3300 and surgery could be up to $4000. I've seen the power of crowd funding and hope it can work to help Duke get through this terrible pain. April and I have a ton of pride and do not like asking for help especially financially, but we will do anything for our baby boy or his sister camber.