HELLO IT'S ME DOODLEMANCY, I am an artist, cat fan, dork, and currently a Big Problem Haver. The big problem is that I need a lot of money that I can't reasonably acquire without pleading for help on the internet.
• The pandemic... you know. A lot happened. Also my roommate is moving out of the US and I don't have any other roommate options. Long story short, I need to move back in with my mom so neither of us starves to death.
• I'm too disabled to make a decent income, but not disabled enough for disability assistance (this would be a months-to-years-long legal battle anyway). I make less than $1000 a month, I cannot drive, and my job options are extremely limited by lack of reliable transport & disability.
• I had to quit my job in late April because it was destroying my body and raising my blood pressure dangerously high. (I got plantar fasciitis a couple of years ago and it's been a whole nightmare with reduced work hours and disability accommodations and new knock-on effects and aaauuuugh don't get into it right now doodlemancy)
• A big chunk of my savings were eaten last year by my cat's vet bills (she's ok, she has asthma lol) and other various financial sucker punches, like my landlord forcing me to buy renter's insurance for the first part of this year.
ON TOP OF ALL THIS...
• The house I'm moving to and the appliances in it need a lot of repairs. (Current state of this as of 5/2: We got the vents under the house fixed and the plumbing repaired; we still need to get the bathroom fans and the dryer fixed.)
• Covid is "over" so my food stamps got slashed real hard. (To-do in May is re-work my food stamp application now that my income has decreased... lol.)
• You may have noticed that the price of everything is just More now.
• I get means-tested out of most financial assistance because single people with no kids apparently do not have expenses? Please, someone inform my expenses that I don't have them.
• Two of my teeth are threatening to explode, and treating/crowning them would cost $1500 each; Medicaid won't cover this unless I'm pregnant(?!). I need to keep at least some money in savings for whatever day I inevitably get fucked over by a tooth.
• Also there are all those little costs like... packing tape, bubble wrap, a situation that unexpectedly requires sandpaper or superglue, etc. etc. etc.
WHY THE GOAL IS $5000 SPECIFICALLY
It's a ballpark goal. I honestly do not know exactly how much I will need, just that it's sort of a rolling disaster and everything keeps ending up being ~$150-300 and I have the ticking teeth time bombs. GoFundMe makes you set a specific goal, so I set a rough estimate with wiggle room for terrible surprises.
BTW: GoFundMe is not like Kickstarter! The goal can be adjusted whenever and there's no time limit. If I don't reach my goal I don't have to give back the money, and the fees aren't exorbitant. I get a payout every week that someone donates. This is the best way to support me right now, with the no-strings-attached donations through this platform. But there are also other ways!
TL;DR: I'm working my ass off, but I'm already overextended and I need more money than I can realistically acquire without help. I'm pretty confident that after I'm moved, over the next year, I can build up my art income enough to help keep things afloat. But to get there, I do need a boost.
MORE WAYS YOU CAN SUPPORT ME
️ buy from my Etsy shop (prints, stickers, keychains, notepads too!)
check out my Ebay listings
☕ buy digital goods from my Ko-Fi (or join a tier!)
you can also still support me through my Patreon. (I don't update it anymore but it is an avenue through which I can receive money.)
if you prefer CashApp, I'm $doodlemancy.
If you buy (or have already bought) physical merch from me, post pictures of it on social media and link to my shop!
If you can't buy stuff/can't afford to donate but still want to help: promote me on social media by linking to my GoFundMe, my shop, or my ko-fi, or by finding and re-whatevering my latest posts. (all my social media links are on my website.) Are there any discords you can drop a link to my gofundme or my shop into? That might help! Keep an eye on my recent updates here, too, for links to posts you can retweet/reblog/share!