Main fundraiser photo

Donate to help Armando Sanchez

Donation protected
UPDATE: In brief, Armando is currently en route  to KU Medical Center aboard an air ambulance. We were slow on updates because there were so many moving parts that until recently we didn't know that it was going to be possible. Any update would have just been a list of our frustrations getting this to occur. 

However, I want you all to know that this would not have been possible without your prayers, positive thoughts & financial support. 

Because of the medical procedures and  extended amount of time Armando had to spent in Mexico the cost there was much higher than anticipated. But your support through this fundraiser has lifted the financial burden for his care and transportation.  

Also, a thank you to BCBS insurance team, 
KU Medical Center & AirLink Mexico.
Without these organizations guidance, it would have been very difficult  for us to coordinate this endeavor. 

My father Armando is still in a critical condition. Please, if possible, coordinate any phone calls or visits to him through family. I'm not sure how much more I'll update here on GoFundMe concerning Armando's progress through his treatment.

Again, thank you and God bless you. 

*See on going updates below

Hi, my name is Maggie and I'm raising money to pay medical expenses  and transport my father Armando Sanchez from a hospital in Mexico to the United States. Armando needs an air or ground ambulance service as soon as possible to bring him back from Jerez Mexico. Armando is currently in the ICU unit at the Jerez Hospital. While packing to return home the next morning, Armando suffered a ruptured brain aneurysm. Due to the volatile nature in small towns across Mexico it took close to 4 hours to get an ambulance to respond and another hour to get him to the ER. Armando is currently suffering from paralysis and is unable to speak. He is undergoing tests to determine the appropriate treatment such as surgery to stop the bleeding in his brain.

My father is a hard-working and loving man who has given everything he has to others. Through his job with the Olathe School District he has great medical insurance. However, we have not been able to use his benefits in Mexico and must pay for each test and procedure out-of-pocket. And one of the worst things - his patient bed is located separate from where the CAT scan equipment is. So, each time the doctors order another CAT scan to monitor progress they have to transport him by local ambulance; which costs money for each trip to and from.

The lowest Air Ambulance quote we have received is $31,000. This trip would get him to Kansas City which is near his family in De Soto Kansas. We have raised some funds and my parents have equity in their home that could be available. Unfortunately, it will take days to weeks to access any of the equity because It is the weekend now and they are out of town and his medical condition will make it difficult.

To conclude, I need your help to bring my father home so he can get the best medical care that won’t cost them out-of-pocket. Where he can see his grandchildren and have those around him that love him.

Thank you for taking the time to read and consider this plea for help.

Maggie (Sanchez) Culbertson

Update #1

Thank you so much for the outpouring of support. We will provide a more detailed update later, but Armando is in surgery as I write this. Your prayers are also requested. We have increased the goal of the fundraiser to meet the increased costs in Mexico and we are still planning to transport him to the United States as soon as possible. THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN

Update #2

A quick update - The surgical procedure went well with no further complications. However, it wasn't a procedure to fix the underlying issue, it was to stabilize him by lowering the pressure on his brain. We consulted with two doctors on this side lastnight discussing options & strategies to transport him to the United States. The current tasks we are trying to complete to get him to the US are:  
- A formal release from the hospital in Mexico
- A United States doctor & hospital to accept him 
-  An air ambulance transport team to move him
We understand that Armando can only be move when it's medically safe enough to do so. However, this decision is being made at the Mexico hospital as the US medical team & air ambulance team cannot move forward without initiation from the doctors there.
Our immediate goal is to get the doctors to initiate dialog with a US medical team so that when it is medically safe to move him, all paperwork, planning and funding can already be in progress. My Aunt & Uncle from the US arrived in Jerez lastnight. Our hopes are that they can help facilitate this immediate goal without burdening my Mom Gloria. 

Once again we can't thank you enough for all your support. ❤️



  • Anonymous
    • $10 
    • 1 yr
  • kim suter
    • $175 
    • 1 yr
  • Jessica Zemler
    • $50 
    • 1 yr
  • Anonymous
    • $20 
    • 1 yr
  • Suzanne Luna Lipscomb
    • $25 
    • 1 yr


Margarita Culbertson
De Soto, KS

Your easy, powerful, and trusted home for help

  • Easy

    Donate quickly and easily

  • Powerful

    Send help right to the people and causes you care about

  • Trusted

    Your donation is protected by the GoFundMe Giving Guarantee