Dj Polo Fire Emergency Fund
In the late hours of January 21st, a massive three alarm fire ripped through homes on 100th Street in Corona Qns., New York. The fire started in the kitchen of 84 year old Lillie Pough, mother of Thomas E. Pough better known to many of us as Producer / djPolo (Kool G Rap/Juice Crew Allstar Brother) born and raised New Yorker. Due to faulty wiring "the blaze started in the kitchen and spread quickly through out the house "I had no time, I grabbed a coat and ran out the apartment" said Mrs. Lillie. The rent stabilized Corona apartment had been home to Dj Polo and his family for over 50 years. In just a few moments on a random evening everything they owned from clothes to jewelry, to priceless family mementos were destroyed in this horrific fire. Polo's entire home studio and countless works from past and present day, including many original productions have burned in the blaze.
We have created the "DJ Polo Fire Emergency Fund" to help unite family, friends and our entire music community in lending support financially and in sharing this message to raise donations. Both Mrs. Lillie & Dj Polo are truly thankful and fortunate to have survived this catastrophic fire but they are now facing the frightening struggle of rebuilding from nothing, on a fixed income in NYC. Currently they must secure an apartment as well as ALL basic necessities. With expenses already accumulating we hope the generous donations (regardless of amount) made to this fund will aid both Mrs. Lillie's and Polo in attaining a new apartment and some piece of mind.
We are extremely grateful to have Mrs. Lillie & Polo with us today and humbly thank every one for their support.Mrs. Lillie speaks to channel 7 night of fire DJ Polo Fire Emergency Fund