Anthony Galati - Family Support

On June 2nd, husband, father and friend, Anthony Galati suffered a massive heart attack in his sleep. It has now been six months and it breaks my heart to say he has never regained consciousness. He is still alive and is currently at Valley Medical Center in Las Vegas and the most recent update is that he has both pneumonia and COVID-19. As you can imagine this situation has been what I can only describe as the worst case scenario in every regard. My mom has only seen him once in the past few months. The month we could see him in June was devastating in all ways. 

This has been what is surely the worst year for so many people I know. Financially, mentally, emotionally - this year has drained us all. In the past six months it has drained my family especially low in every sense. This summer was absolutely brutal and I presume this winter will feel the same. We've been doing everything we can up until now but with everything going on my mom has not been able to work - or find work this entire year. For those that do not know - my parents had recently moved to Las Vegas and with the hopes of relocating my dad's automotive shop out there. Unfortunately due to COVID the business never opened and we've had to since part ways with everything we had going into that. As you can imagine this is not at all how my family envisioned this year going.

The past few months were especially hard as the NHRA races came to Vegas and for the first time ever my family's house was only ten minutes away from the track. The entire reason they moved was to be closer to the race track. They went to see friends and cheer them on but a deep sadness loomed knowing my dad was laying in a hospital bed nearby and will never return the the track and sport he loved so much. My dad was a survivor of two nearly fatal car accidents both times suffering brain damage but miraculously made full recoveries each time. Deep down we all hoped and prayed that like those times he would make a miraculous recovery. We left the races on in his hospital room and played videos and voice memos from his friends in June. He reacted to them all. Tears went down his face. But we are led to believe that was all just brain stem activity. I'll tell you it didn't feel like that in the room. That is what makes all of this so incredibly difficult. In the weeks and months that followed his heart attack we've endured our birthdays, holidays and my parent's 34th wedding anniversary without my dad. 

All we can do now is move forward and try our best to keep it together.  I'm starting this fund to help my mom navigate these next difficult chapters in life. This is obviously the worst year for practically everyone I know and the very last thing in the world me or anyone in my family want to do is ask for anything. I just also know at some point it becomes too much to deal with alone. Nothing is expected and anything is greatly appreciated, even just a share. Thank you to anyone who has taken the time to read this. It's something I meant to do months ago but doing this also meant facing the reality of the situation and we all just wanted so badly for the reality to be different than it is. 

  • Sheila Mclister 
    • $100 
    • 14 mos
  • Valerie carey 
    • $50 
    • 18 mos
  • Nina Mersing 
    • $50 
    • 18 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $25 
    • 18 mos
  • Madison Hanten 
    • $100 
    • 18 mos
See all

Organizer and beneficiary

Angie Galati 
Los Angeles, CA
Diane Galati