However, as we all know, life sometimes throws curve balls at us. Diana had some serious health issues, and a few months back, she finally needed a total hip replacement. Unfortunately, she has had complications since then, and has returned to the hospital multiple times after falling down, and after dislocating her new hip. It has been difficult for her to even walk, and her teen daughter has been forced to help care for her own mother.
On Thursday, June 29th, while Diana was cooking dinner, a massive grease fire broke out in the kitchen of their apartment. After fighting it as best they could, Diana and Jen had to escape as the flames engulfed the entire kitchen. Fortunately, the fire department arrived on the scene, put out the fire before it spread to the other apartments in the building, and rescued Jen’s cat. The video of the cat being returned made it on to Channel 12 news. You can see it at this link:
Diana and Jen are thankful that no one was hurt, including their pet, and they send a sincere and heartfelt thank you to the wonderful firefighters who arrived so quickly, rescued the cat, and saved the rest of the building. However, now they have to face the reality of having lost most of their furniture to fire, water, and smoke damage. Their clothes, their bedding, their food, their appliances, their mementoes. Everything is either destroyed or in rough shape. We are trying to salvage what we can, but unfortunately all they have in the world is what we will be able to save. They did not have renter’s insurance.
After I posted the Video of my crying niece celebrating her cat’s return a lot of people reached out to me and Nancy to ask how they could help. So, I decided to start this Go Fund Me account.
Anything you can give would be greatly appreciated, and used to help out a nice little family who got hit pretty hard by life recently.
Thank you in advance. Please let us know if you have any questions.