the neurosurgeon told him if he has surgery, that there is a large percentage that he will never walk again. If he does nothing the outcome is the same.
I have reached out to a proton laser treatment center in San Diego, there a Doctor told us that they are not willing to laser this as it could swell and and he could become paralyzed.
the third opinion went ok, and a surgeon in California said he could do the surgery with no garentees, and that there is a chance of paralization. This Dr. Recommended a surgeon out in Rhode Island at Brown University.
We had a very good consultation with the new surgeon and he explained the surgery VERY well and not one mention of negative outcomes.
We decided to schedule Devin's surgery for April 19.
unfortunately the doctor that we have chosen for Devin is Outside of his insurance network, so his insurance will not cover this surgery.
We are devistated over this news, and thus am asking for any help from my friends and family to help pay for this life changing surgery.
any amount of donation is very much appreciated, so that Devin, my son, can continue to walk and have a quality life.
we are also looking for airline miles or hotel points for Devin and his fiancé to fly out here for the surgery.
Thanks so much from the bottom of my heart.
DonationsSee top donations
- Joe Tschappat
- Carolyn Valois
- William Kerfoot
- Carole Watkins
- Edwina Porter
Fundraising team: Team Devin D (4)
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more