URGENT: 30k in emergency bail funds and legal support needed for unexpected, violent arrests of young people fighting for climate justice in Colorado! ($750 per bond for 31 ppl = 23k. Plus 7k in legal support costs.)
This morning, Sunrise Colorado held a peaceful demonstration outside Governor Polis's State of the State address, inside the Capitol building. Youth activists gathered to ask Polis to declare this moment a climate emergency and launch a Green New Deal for Colorado. They gathered with the hopes that Polis would finally take the lives of his constituents seriously.
Instead, over 18 members of Colorado Sunrise were arrested for peacefully protesting their right to good jobs and a liveable future!!!
Donate to help with the legal costs for these brave young people who put their bodies on the line.
Their demands of Governor Polis were the following:
1. Declare a Climate Emergency
2. Immediately stop fracking at Bella Romero
3. Stop all fossil fuel development in Colorado by 2025
4. Cease all new oil and gas permits
5. Ensure a just transition that prioritizes marginalized populations suffering most from climate injustice