Deerpath Golf Course Renovation Project
The Lawn at Deerpath
The Deerpath Golf Course Renovation Project continues and we are excited to complete this new phase, The Lawn. Donations are being accepted for this amazing amenity. Read below for details!
Create a world-class putting and chipping experience that provides for both fun and serious practice options for users of Deerpath Golf Course. Inspired by the public-access Ladies' Putting Course in St. Andrews, Scotland, "putting lawns" are the popular new craze at many resorts and private clubs across the United States.
The Lawn At Deerpath will be the first of its kind at a public venue in the Chicago-land area. The 30,000 square foot bentgrass green would cater to all ages and abilities, offering putting and short-game chipping practice for the serious golfer while providing a fun "after-golf" putting experience for kids, families and group outings.
Serve the Community:
- Provide a fun facility for growing the Discover Golf Junior Program, teaching youth and beginners the FUNdamentals of golf in an non-intimidating environment
- Enhance and attract adult and youth community programs, filling the "funnel" for future Deerpath patrons
- Extend opportunities for use by outings or other group gatherings for post-golf fun or as an alternative to the traditional 18-hole play day
- Provide possible low-impact LED lighting to allow evening play and further extend growth opportunities
- Create a fun, family atmosphere that appeals to all golfer types including the serious season pass holder and the beginner or occasional recreational player
- A 30,000 square foot bentgrass green, including:
- A variety of hills, dales and swales that can be laid out as an 18-hole putting course with fun twists and turns
- A 15-ft wide fairway/collar surrounding all sides for use in chipping practice from a variety of uphill, downhill and side hill lies
- A synthetic tee line for group lessons and use during inclement weather
- A three-hole junior routing played from synthetic tees that can be played both forward and backward to a variety of pin locations
Your participation in this project is deeply appreciated!
To learn more about the history of the Deerpath Golf Course Renovation Project including renovations completed since 2016, visit Deerpath Golf Course Renovation Project .