Daisy Dip play trail and improvements

We are Friends of Daisy Dip and we are so excited to share with you that we have been successful in securing just over £80,000 funding in order to make much needed improvements to Daisy Dip. These improvements will include a new pathway to make the east field more useable, new fencing on unfenced perimeters to prevent fly-tipping and other antisocial behaviour, and three recreational areas to start a play/nature trail across Daisy Dip. We have already raised funds and worked with Southampton City Council to see the old condemned children’s playground replaced and now we intend to continue improvements across the whole of Daisy Dip so that our community can enjoy full use of the local green space that we have!

However, most of this grant money that we have secured comes from the Landfill Communities Fund. Landfill operators receive a tax credit of 90% of the money they give towards the Landfill Communities Fund. This leaves them with a 10% shortfall.

Friends of Daisy Dip is therefore asked to arrange a payment to the landfill operator who has provided the money for our grant. This payment is retained by the landfill operator to cover the 10% tax credit shortfall.

So we need your help! We need to raise £6809 so we can pay the landfill operator the 10% shortfall and see the grant money released for these exciting improvements. Please donate whatever you can.

Friends of Daisy Dip group is committed to making positive improvements in the area and our focus is on community. We believe if we work together we can achieve great things. Thank you for your support.
Donate

Donations 

  • Anonymous
    • £25 
    • 3 yrs
Donate

Fundraising team (5)

Deborah White
Organizer
Raised £1,829 from 14 donations
Andrew Stephens
Beneficiary
Sarah Dockree
Team member
Raised £160 from 3 donations
CJ Gutteridge
Team member
Raised £80 from 3 donations
Nathan Richardson
Team member
This team raised £1,765 from 38 other donations.

Your easy, powerful, and trusted home for help

  • Easy

    Donate quickly and easily.

  • Powerful

    Send help right to the people and causes you care about.

  • Trusted

    Your donation is protected by the  GoFundMe Giving Guarantee.