Hi, my name is Julian and I'm a visual artist majoring in animation and VFX. My dream is to become the next great animator. I started this fundraiser because I need help to finish paying for my college tuition.
Art has always been a major part of my life. My sophomore year in high school, my mom knew regular school wasn't for me and that I needed to be with other artistic and creative children just like me. We decided I would audition for the prestigious Baltimore School for The Arts (BSA) in Baltimore, Maryland. BSA has an impressive list of alumni that include fashion celebrity designer and winner of Project Runway, Christian Siriano, actress Jada Pinket-Smith and Hip Hop artist and actor Tupac Shakur to name a few. The year I auditioned, there were close to 1300 kids that auditioned and only 110 were accepted into the school across 5 different disciplines (Music, Vocals, Acting, Dancing and Visual Arts). Thankfully, I became one of the 110 and was accepted under their Visual Arts program, even though I had no previous schooling or classes under my belt at the time. I was accepted based on my sketching abilities. That is when my journey in the arts officially began.
In 2012 after successfully graduating from BSA, I was accepted and started attending the Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD), one of the top art colleges in the US, with campuses in Savannah and Atlanta, Georgia, as well as Hong Kong. My major was Illustration, but unfortunately I was not able to continue my education, because it was too costly.
After taking a year off from school to work, in order to save money to be able to go back to school and after spending a lot of time researching for the best animation schools in the world with reasonable tuition costs, I chose and was accepted into Trazos in Madrid, Spain. Trazos was named among the top ten of the top one hundred animation colleges internationally, by Animation Career Review. I also have the amazing opportunity to study under Enrique Gato. Mr. Gato is a filmaker, 3D/2D animation designer and two-time Goya Award winner, who teaches at Trazos and is best known for his animation shorts, Tadeo Jones.
I have confidence in myself and I know I have what it takes to become a great animator. My skills and abilities have already open doors that continue to surprise me. My goal is to work as an animator for Pixar, Dreamworks or Disney and work on special effects for movies similar to Avatar, Star Trek and X-Men: Days of Future Past. Help me achieve my goal, so that I may fulfill my dream of bringing my stories to life for the public audience. With the help of my family and friends, I know I can reach my goal. No amount is too small or too large and every donation is truly appreciated. By sharing this link with your network of family and friends, you'll help to expose me and bring me that much closer to my goal. If you know any businesses that would like to help an artist make his dream come true, please share this link. Thank you for your belief in me, your love and support!
- Illustration piece accepted for the Cascade AIDS Project auction fundraiser
- Art work accepted and displayed in four Baltimore School For The Arts galleries
- Digital Imaging piece was accepted and displayed for the 6th Annual Who Are You? Festival by Wide Angle Youth Media
- Submitted a self portrait oil painting for the Congressional Art Competition and received the Curator’s Choice Award from the Reginald F. Lewis Museum of Maryland African American History and Culture. The award was presented by Congressman Elijah Cummings and museum curator, Dr. David Terry
- Design the letterhead for Dee’s Vision USA, Inc. a non-profit helping children with special needs. Dee's Vision used the letterhead design to apply for grants
- Official photographer for Dee’s Vision USA, Inc., took over 600 photos for 2 Christmas parties sponsored by Macy’s and Dee’s Vision for Maiden’s Choice School for children with special needs and the Westport Boys and Girls Club
- Designed logo for the Denice Rivera Show, "Girl On Fire!" radio show website
DonationsSee top donations
- Michael Francis
- Shelah Marie
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more