I thought about what to do this year. Instead of spending $500 on alcohol, I thought I could donate the amount of money to Kayunga village in Uganda's hospital building project in celebration of my 28th birthday.
Quick facts on Uganda in why we should help with their hospital building project:
- Uganda has about 2.3 million orphans due to HIV/AIDS and malaria related disease.
- 62 infants die per 1,000 births.
- Uganda's maternal death is significantly high, about 6,000 women die annually due to pregnancy related complications alone.
- 51% of the population have no access to public health facilities.
- Uganda's life expectancy is 53 years.
Why a hospital in Kayunga village?
- Kayunga hospital building will primarily serve orphans in the area.
- Kayunga has the highest marlaria disease death rate in Uganda.
Current hospital buliding project situation:
- The hospital is built solely on donation base in which majority of the aides are foreign aides.
- The hospital has standing structure, however no tiles, windows, doors or equipments are in place inside.
I welcome any donation $10, $20, $50, $100..! Please help my 28th birthday to be special as I step into 'real' adulthood *smiles*.
If my friends can raise $500, I will match the value and in total we can donate $1,000 to the hospital building project!
DonationsSee top donations
- Christine Kang
- Erica Lee
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more