Couple Loses Everything In Fire 

On the morning of December 7th, 2017 my bosses dad, Julian Roberts better known as Van Roberts was attempting to start a fire in his fireplace when the mix of motor oil and diesel fuel that he tossed in the stove backfired, immedietly igniting and poured back out of the open stove knocking him off his feet and on to the floor. In an attempt to stop the fire from spreading, Van Roberts grabbed a bucket of water to throw onto the flame. Unfortunately, it was too late. Once the carpet caught fire the house instantly filled with smoke and the flames grew so, Van grabbed his wife and left his house. Although the house was mostly destroyed, luckily the back two bedrooms have minimal damage (mainly waterlogged or smoke damaged). They have been lucky enough to recover a few items like their birth certificates and the deed to the property.

Van Roberts built his house with his own two hands twenty years ago. Unfortunately his house was uninsured so now he and his family are are pressed with the decision on whether or not to rebuild. Right now Van and his wife are living between their daughter's house in Port Hadlock and their son's house in Auburn. Van's wife suffers from dementia so until they rebuild they might have to live in a facility or hire someone to help with inhome care but that can get pricey.

Although, with losing everything they are pretty heartbroken and devistated but them being the christian family they are the hold strong to their faith that God has a great plan on what's next for them.

Please help this amazing family out by donating today.

Organizer and beneficiary

Amy Nichole Trombly
Port Hadlock, WA
Julian Roberts

Your easy, powerful, and trusted home for help

  • Easy

    Donate quickly and easily.

  • Powerful

    Send help right to the people and causes you care about.

  • Trusted

    Your donation is protected by the  GoFundMe Giving Guarantee.