Hi everyone, it's with a heavy heart and some bruised ego that I've realized that I cannot afford to move, but my only choice is to be out of my current apartment on October 1st. If any of you have been following me the past year the luck seemed to have run out on both me and my family. After not being completely ready to move out of my grandmothers house, and not having any financial cushion to fall back on when a situation like this comes about. This is the best choice after exhausting all the rest of my options
It's a long story, but I don't really have a choice. After some unforeseen circumstance with my car which is not completely fixed, and with significant issues with my insurance company, and someone stealing $300 from me, all of my small savings are gone. Luckily after I move to this new place things wont look quite so bleak, but right now I'm struggling to keep food on the table let alone move again.
1. Moving Expenses ($200-$500)
2. Food expenses, until I am officially paying cheaper rent (right now I'm living off soup and beans from a can, which is an adventure, but all I want is some fresh vegetables.) ($30-$40)
3. Deposit for my new apartment ($500)
4. My medication/healthcare until I am officially paying cheaper rent ($80-$100)
5. Gas to get back and forth from work, the current apartment, and the new one for the first two and a half weeks of moving, my budget right now only covers enough gas for commuting two and from work $50
6. Furniture for the new apartment, right now I have a bed without a bed frame, no furniture to house my clothing, and a privacy fold out wall that needs to go up. $400-$600 (I've been living out of my boxes for the last three months.
Unfortunately this is all more than I make in a month, and while I've been able to squeeze by with the expensive rent for the last three months, it's left me with absolutely nothing. The goal is a little higher than the total because I'm positive I've forgotten some expense and I want to play it safe.
The other way you could help is by purchasing art from me, the best representation of that is through my instagram or my facebook page (which I will link on the posts I make.)
I would greatly appreciate it if you could give anything, even if it's a dollar or a share.
DonationsSee top donations
- Betsy Dougherty
- Akshar Gupta
- Jake Jacobson
- Jenna Castro
- Kaliopi Hatzipetros
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more