Creative Exchange Cooperative Building Fundraiser
If you donate $200 or more you will automatically be entitled to one ticket to an arts festival Creative Exchange Cooperative will be organizing in 2023 in Nelson BC. Details are yet to be determined for the festival, but rest assured it will be a magical, vibrant, artsy time.
What we're fundraising for:
Creative Exchange Cooperative is a non profit arts cooperative that is aiming to set up our first center in a 9,300 sq ft building situated on a 1.7 acre property in the Rosemont neighbourhood in Nelson, BC and we need your help!
We have an accepted offer and have a fundraising deadline of August 9th. With our community support and donations, we can make this space an arts hub for our community.
Creative Exchange Cooperative Vision:
We aim to establish and nurture a place where artists can connect, collaborate, create, learn, teach and grow together and with the wider community.
Aligned and inspired by places similar to The Banff Centre and Granville Island, we envision this space becoming an artistic hub for the Kootenays filled with affordable studios, rehearsal spaces, workshop and event space for artists and our community.
We aim to:
• Provide safe, affordable & sustainable workspace
• Ensure economical and environmental sustainability of the arts community
• Improve accessibility to tools and technology often impractical or unaffordable for private studios
• Encourage innovation through intra- and inter-medium collaboration and skill-sharing
creative business incubator
• Provide affordable business services to artists such as marketing, sales, photography, etc.
• Facilitate relationships between members and the local economy for raw supplies, labour, and customers.
• Help develop, sustain, and transition the careers of artists through skill-building workshops, mentorship programs, etc
• Work with community partners to fill gaps in support services for members
community & tourist engagement
• Address artistic isolation by fostering a regional, peer to peer creative community, decreasing artist isolation
• Welcome locals and tourists to engage, observe, learn,
and purchase directly from working artists.
• Facilitate opportunities for community building, reconciliation, and equity through shared creative experiences.
How your donations will be used:
Your donations will be going directly towards our efforts in securing this building and start-up costs. In order complete necessary renovations as well as funding to support us through our first months and year of getting the arts hub operating for our community.
Part of this exciting project is the potential for much needed housing in Nelson. The property Creative Exchange Cooperative is fundraising to purchase has an undeveloped subdivided almost 1 acre parcel which CEC is working with the (Nelson and Area Economic Development Partnership (NAEDP) to be sold for housing. Part of business case for Creative Exchange will be selling the second lot to provide the City with a suitable lot for workforce housing development.
- If you are looking to make a larger donation to our endeavor, please reach out to us via email at creative dot exchange dot cooperative at gmail.com.
Other ways to get involved:
Do you want to help make this happen with all of your special skills? Please
send us an email @ creative dot exchange dot cooperative at gmail.com; we would love to have you on board! We are looking for support over these coming weeks in marketing and social media, fundraising, administration and planning.
DonationsSee top donations
Fundraising team (6)
Raised $440 from 7 donations
Raised $1,000 from 1 donation
Raised $520 from 2 donations
Raised $500 from 5 donations
Raised $300 from 2 donations