The 2019 Colorado blizzard has affected the Crawford House with devastating results. The roof was blown off to include some of the cinder blocks. The broilers pipe was torn off causing a gas leak and no hot water, the circuit box has been damaged so there is no heat throughout the whole building. The Fire Department and Colorado Springs Utilities were on site and the House has now been "Red Tagged". We have placed all Veteran residents at the motel across the street currently.
All of this is taking a toll on our organization both mentally and financially. We are turning to the community for assistance. We do have insurance, however the deductibles will be substantial with all of the damage we have incurred. https://www.cvrcforvets.org/