What we'll deliver:
• Ingredients to make a healthy and nutritional family meal, additional food items and a 2 litre bottle of water once per week.
• A 10 minute daily fitness session via Elevated Minds YouTube page / video sent directly to participants - specific to males or females.
• A new pot, pan and wooden spoons as an incentive to start cooking.
• Food vouchers to the value of £20 at the end of the programme, as a reward for uploading food prep and completed dish.
• Clothes vouchers (JD) to the value of £20 at the end of the programme, as a reward for uploading participation in fitness videos.
Why it's a great idea:
• Up to 100 families within Southwark to be healthier. • To improve adults, children, and young people's mindset, they will realise that making a “healthy choice is the easier choice”. • Contribute and encourage young people’s life skills, preparing them for budgeting, nutritional ingredients, presentation and working together to produce a healthy meal. • Create and produce an online recipe book for young people which includes recipes from each participant. • Opportunity to have their dish recreated and made in bulk and produced with a professional chef. • Opportunity for work experience or even permanent work in the catering industry. • Help young people understand budgeting and become more independent to source food items at a reasonable price and plan and prepare meals for themselves and family members.
Crate2Elevate will be led by our young leaders alongside our youth advisory group Elevate 2 Success. Our young people are secondary school aged pupils who have turned their lives around within the educational sector and have improved behavioural wise at home. Each and everyone of our young people have made a major transition in their lives and are committed to creating change for themselves, their peers and the future generations to come. Elevate 2 Success members will pick and pack the crates with help from the team, as they believe young people will be more encouraged to become more active and understand the importance of balance throughout life, if they see visual representation from their peers. So will you help your community Crate 2 Elevate?
Our focus is to give every child who engages with us a chance to experience eating healthily, drinking plenty of water and being physically and mentally active. They will have an opportunity to have their menu reproduced and served to vulnerable residents across Southwark. They will get their own chef’s image circulated with their dish. Young people will also get opportunities for work experience or a permanent job in the catering industry. We will supply up to 25 families with a different food crate at the beginning of each week for four weeks. We will continue to provide up to 25 additional families with crates, at the end of each four week period. Each crate will be culturally sensitive and will contain ingredients to make a meal, with some added extras, alongside a basic recipe sheet, demonstrated, via video, by a young chef each week. We want the young people to create their own dish or add their flavour to the recipe that has been provided. Although our project is explicitly aimed at young people, we have designed it to be suitable for the whole family to encourage positive relationships and engagement.
Steps to get it done:
• • The minimum of 12 families participating within the first cycle.
• • Upload evidence of engagement in the food programme once a week,
including prep and completed dish.
• • Upload evidence of engagement in the fitness programme at least twice per
• • Produce an online recipe book for young people which includes most
favourite recipe from each participant.
All pictures and videos can be found on Elevated Minds social media sites to showcase the programme and share informative information with the public. We have scheduled two online Zoom meetings, once at the beginning of the project and again on the fourth week of the programme. The Elevated Minds team and young people/family members will meet to discuss the programme, what ingredients / cultural food they have enjoyed the most, not including their own, tips on kitchen etiquette and a showcase of their finished meals. We will create a safe space online led by qualified and experienced Life Coaches, promoted alongside Crate2Elevate. The safe spaces for young people will allow them to offload emotions and feelings and express how the lockdown restrictions impact them and anything else they wish to share with our coaches. Elevated Minds are working in partnership with Southwark Community Harm and Exploitation Hub, we will share Crate2Elevate information with them, which will then be shared with their vulnerable groups.
We look forward to keeping you updated throughout our journey, from shopping with our qualified nutritionist who will teach our young people first-hand as we source the food, creating the crates, dropping them off, working on self-development in mind and body and it will all be thanks to your kindness and generosity.
We appreciate you for taking the time to read, for giving back to your community and for giving young people a real starting step. It takes many to create change, so thank you for entrusting us to help our youths elevate. Let's do this together! Let's Crate2Elevate.
If you would like to find out more information about our company and how we support young people and the community, please click the link below.
Elevated Minds & Elevate 2 Success