Our son-in-law Jared Cox, was out cutting the grass when he felt an incredibly sharp pain in his ankle. Who would have imagined that after a childhood growing up in West Africa and playing in the snake infested bush, he would end up bitten by a COPPERHEAD
in his Atlanta suburb back yard? The whole family followed on text as the venom crept up his leg and the doctors consulted with the CDC and considered the best treatment. And because his company had just relocated and let most of their staff go, he had no health insurance
to treat the rapidly spreading venom. Two ER visits, multiple lab tests, essential medications, and two other family illnesses (dental and pediatric) have left them with $9,500 in bills
. Encouraged by interested friends, grandma has jumped in and set up this page. Thankfully, Jared has found a new position and will have benefits as of September 1. Thanks for helping us pay these bills, so they can move forward free from medical debt.