Millions of Americans are stuck at home and don’t know how to cook for themselves or their families. This especially impacts low-income families and individuals who are at a greater risk of food insecurity.
As a result of Covid-19 school shutdowns, we’ve received urgent requests from countless teachers and students to continue their FamilyCook cooking classes. They are asking for our expertise to help offer LIVE online instruction - not simply recorded videos.
FamilyCook Productions can now support teachers to teach children and families cooking at home using technology. Announcing FamilyCook LIVE : online versions of our awaward-winning programs are now available for: Willow (preschool), Look Who’s Cooking (elementary kids & parents together) and Teen Battle Chef (adolescent) .
For 25 years, FamilyCook Productions has been dedicated to teaching cooking skills- the very foundation for a healthy life. We have disseminated our award-winning culinary programs to the most vulnerable communities through partner schools and community organizations in more than 30 states, serving more over 300,000 parents and children. Such a large footprint is a factor of the quality of our programming and 10 years of employing online distance learning technology to train instructors.
Throughout our 25 years of practice, we have tracked participants and measured our impact to document some amazing long-term successes:
- 90% report positively impacting family and friends
- 74% of our students reporting sustained healthy behavior changes
- 26% reduction in overweight and obesity from their time in our program up to 7 years later
With your support, FamilyCook we can reach thousands of families across the US during this challenging time – addressing food insecurity and supporting both healthier bodies and family relationships.
You can help make our culinary program trainings FREE to as many communities as possible!
Here's how you can help:
1. Make a donation. Every dollar we receive helps us cook up a better future. Your donation will make it possible for our program to expand exponentially.
2. Share this GoFundMe on Facebook or Instagram. Every post, comment, like and heart we receive will help broaden our reach and the impact we can make in your community.
For every $5,000 we receive, FamilyCook will:
- Train hundreds of teachers in 10 new school districts
- Impact over 3,000 students who in turn influence 10,000 of their peers and family members.
By hitting our goal of $20,000, we will reach thousands of teachers, 30,000 students and 100,000 peers and family members.
Here is what the New York Times had to say about our effectiveness.
You can also see how our students described their journey of student to teacher .
- giuseppina azzolini
- Eileen Staats
- Amy Loree