Hi, my name is Shannon Moore. I am nineteen years old, and I own Convalescence Jewelry, a recently launched online store that sells jewelry for mental illness, eating disorder, self-harm, and addiction recovery & awareness.
Last year, I spent several months in a Partial Hospitalization Program while working towards overcoming Anorexia Nervosa and a debilitating depressive disorder that I had been battling for over six years.
It was during that time that I realized how important reminders of hope are.
I combined my love for jewelry making and my passion for helping others and one year later, Convalescence Jewelry was born. Every piece of jewelry is handmade by me, a survivor, and geared towards other survivors, loved ones, and those still struggling with mental illness, an eating disorder, self-harm, and/or an addiction.
Convalescence Jewelry's purpose is to provide physical reminders of hope & strength to each wearer. In addition, every month, 15% of our proceeds goes to a different person who is in need of financial assistance for their mental healthcare. We refer to these people as our 'Beneficiaries of the Month,' respectively.
I launched Convalescence on August 1st, 2013, and have been in awe of the success thus far, but I am ready to take my business to the next level and reach more people. I need your help. I would love to be able to run Convalescence full-time, however I still hold another job to supplement my income that I receive from Convalescence. Right now, it can take nearly 2 weeks for an order to be sent out because of the sheer number of orders I receive in a week. If I were able to work on Convalescence full-time, I believe I would get orders sent out in a much more timely manner.
I am asking for $3500 for the following:
- $700 to buy jewelry materials in bulk. It is a substantially better value to buy materials in bulk, but I do not have the capital to buy the amount that I need up-front.
- $500 to buy shipping supplies in bulk.
- $500 to speak with a taxation/business consultant.
- $600 for 3 month's rent at a Creative Co-op, to ensure that my workplace is safe and productive.
- $200 for packaging supplies such as cardstock paper, stamp ink, and printer ink. I hand-make special jewelry boxes for each order and write up handwritten cards for every order.
- $1000 to be divided amongst the next year's worth of Beneficiaries of the Month, ensuring that every Beneficiary will receive a substantial donation at the end of their respective month. ($1000 would add $83 to every Beneficiary's donation for the next year).
This is an all-or-nothing campaign, if Convalescence doesn't get funded, you keep your money! We will keep growing, but we would get a great head-start if this campaign is successful.
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this. Whether you are able to donate or not, I invite you to check out convalescence.bigcartel.com to learn more about our products.
DonationsSee top donations
- Jess W.
- Caitlin Kennific
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more