After two years of planning, CDI is ready to launch! The Composer Discovery Initiative is a registered nonprofit corporation with the Utah Department of Commerce, and is currently working for 501(c)(3) status.
We are looking for start-up funding! Your donation will help to:
* Produce our inaugural event: a private concert for composers and donors on August 10, 2015
* Produce our first public concert: Winter 2015
* Cover start-up and legal costs
* Commission compositions for our first publication: an anthology of Utah Choral Music
* Purchase music engraving software that makes our projects possible!
Check out our amazing donation rewards!
The Composer Discovery Initiative works to revitalize the standard musical canon through publication, research, and the promotion of neglected composers and their works.
CDI utilizes a multi-faceted approach to accomplishing its goals. Priorities include:
* Lending fiscal and practical support to music scholars,
* Promoting an expansion of the canon through modern performances and recordings of peripheral music,
* Providing published resources—including first and new editions of music scoresfor performers and academics alike.
- Fred Karger
- Susan Ord
- Keaton Howard
- Scott & Kimberli Howard
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more