Community Volunteers Lose Home to Fire
Chandrima Lavoie and Russ Fountain found themselves with just minutes of time to collect a few treasured belongings when their log home caught fire in the bitter cold evening of March 3rd, 2019. They are a young couple who volunteer hundreds of hours of time each year to community agencies such as Nelson Search and Rescue , Blewett Fire , Nelson Cycling Club , and Whitewater Ski Resort . Chandrima recently graduated from nursing school and many of her family members are well known for their tireless volunteer contributions. The family's log house and most of their possessions have been destroyed or heavily damaged, so they are themselves in need of help to rebuild from this disaster. We are reaching out to the community to give support to the Lavoie family who have lost so much. This time, instead of giving their support to the community, we need the community to give their support to them.
A picture of the interior damage .
We would like to extend our sincerest THANK YOU to all of you who have already so generously donated. The amount of support we have received through this hard time is incredible. Please continue to share to those you know as we work towards our goal, thank you!!