Community School Supply Fundraiser
Please consider taking part in our Community School Supply Fundraiser for Chicago Free School. We are a small non-profit school located on Chicago's South Side in Hyde Park. We are committed to offering play-based, socially democratic learning spaces for students from diverse backgrounds.
We can do a lot with a little, but this year, we are stretched a bit too tight. We are hoping to raise funds so we can have $175 per student to help us get through the remainder of the school year and continue with our projects and creative spaces.
Some of the things that make our school special are:
- Maker Space - a creative time for 1-8th grade to create, build, and have the freedom to bring their imagination to life. This can be through robotics, 3D printing, creating vinyl images, beading, weaving, or any combination!
- Student-led clubs - Students have time and space to explore ideas that are important to them. This could be creating signs to advocate or protest, making newsletters or posters to bring awareness to issues they value
- Rotating electives - exploring subjects in multi-age groups to bring mentorship and use peer-to-peer teaching to help fully explore ideas
- Field trips - Chicago Free School makes a point to see and explore Chicago as a regular part of their curriculum, using public transportation to see spaces like the DuSable History Museum, Michigan Lake Shore and other nature preserves that are accessible by bike, all parts of the Museum Campus downtown, and the Indiana Dunes.
Some of the items we would like to purchase are:
- wire and components for robotics projects
- Supplies to complete 3D printing projects
- Paper, glue, pens, and markers
- yarn and textiles
- bins and containers
Any amount will help, and if you can please share, we know that through many hands and gifts, our goal can be reached!