In the last few months, the Larder has gone through some big changes. The cladding and internal fit-out have made a big difference. But we still have jobs to do:
- We want wheelchair users to be able to access the Pantry and make their own food choices; we've already widened the door, but in order to get people up to the height of the floor, we need a decking area and ramp.
- We're in the process of improving the pathways immediately around the Larder which should make a big difference. Next we want to deal with the drainage issues more widely and sort the waterlogged picnic area and ground around our shed. This will help us tackle the extremely muddy conditions! This will really benefit pram and wheelchair users as well as those with mobility scooters.
- A new bigger shed would be really helpful for storage and also for creating a clean, dry place for sorting the larger deliveries in poor weather.
- We could really use additional fridges and freezers as overflow for our chilled and frozen stock. This would allow us to accept larger donations of surplus food when available.
- Funds to help cover our increasing overheads would be really beneficial to the operation of the project. We have constant repairs and maintenance to pay for as well as volunteer and staff expenses to cover.
We're dedicated to continuing these services for the benefit of local people, and planetary health. We're really grateful for any contributions. LEAP is a registered charity.
- Diarmid Harris
- Kirstin Innes
- Robert Conn
Fundraising team (2)
Raised £660 from 4 donations
Local Energy Action Plan
Donations eligible for Gift Aid.
This team raised £180 from 10 other donations.