About half of Dallas' 516,000 Hispanics are immigrants (43 percent of 1.2 million). Naturalized citizens make up 19% of the population, while permanent residents make up 25%. Latinos make up the most significant and fastest-growing migrant community in Dallas and the metroplex. More people are relocating to the Metroplex daily in quest of opportunities to succeed in life and feel productive in a friendly environment.
SRA Ministries assists migrants and permanent residents in developing the necessary communication skills in English. A person's ability to Listen (understand), Speak, Read, and Write in a specific language represents their level of language acquisition. Our lessons provide participants with English by focusing on those four most important and necessary language skills. As a result, we help them in realizing their life goals.
With your help, we will be able to offer our services and achieve our objectives in the following ways:
- Affording the rental of space where we are currently presenting our classes.
- Providing scholarships to participants who cannot afford our basic course registration fee.
- Facilitating training and conferences on how to prepare and look for work opportunities.
- Assisting individuals in understanding and immersing in new social and cultural experiences.
- Helping parents understand the educational system so that they can support their children.
- Providing a modest "thank-you" stipend at the end of each semester to our volunteer teachers.
- Creating, reproducing, and distributing learning materials to support the learning experience.
- Generating graduation certificates and delivering a graduation ceremony at the end of the year.
Teaching English as a Second Language has become a way to help people of all ages feel with a purpose and a motive in life, feel productive, and contribute to society to the best of their hability.
Click the "donate" button to make your donation.
Click the "Share" button to send this campaign to dear friends of you who could help us. Could you post it in your social media?
Thank you! God Bless.