While in Swaziland I have an incredible opportunity of using the gifts God has give me to lead worship with my voice and my guitar and to also film a short documentary of our experience at the Carepoint.
Some facts about Swaziland:
1. Swaziland is considered a "Nation of Orphans": Highest HIV+ rate/lowest life expectancy in the world.
2. 40% of Swazi children are orphaned due to HIV/AIDS.
3. If you are 15 years old you have a 6% chance of living to 30 years of age
4. Statistics predict that 70% of young children will be HIV+ by the age of 15
5. 40% of all Swazi's live on less than $1.25 per day.
6. The impact of last year's drought is still being felt b/c of soaring food prices, etc.
Ways that YOU can help!
An invitation to pray …
· for the people of Swaziland as they are in a state of emergency because of a severe drought
· for their hearts to be receptive to our encouragement and for the love of God to be conveyed
· for me as I prepare to go and while I am in Africa (August 26th - September 7th)
· for God to give me a new song in worship and eyes to document and create a story to share with people through video.
I’m also inviting you to prayerfully consider to give to my fundraising goal of $2,000. Your support and donation will not only go to expenses for the trip (traveling, food, shelter, etc.) but will also support the orphans and the beautiful people we will encounter at the carepoint in Swaziland providing them with vaccines, clothes, good clean water and food. So, I’m giving you the opportunity. Thank you for considering a financial gift!
I am so stoked to be taking this journey over to Swaziland to love on the orphans and build relationships with the Swazi People. Please be on the look out towards the beginning of October of 2017 as I will be posting the documentary of our trip on facebook. If you would like to see the impact from last years trip and lots of smiling faces click on the link here .
Thank you for taking the time to read through this!
And thank you for your support!