Welcome on board! Let's fund Coco Mbassi's next album together.
Coco is raising funds to record her next album... and guess what?! You get to join the club and take part!
Here's the whole story.
NB: You might find some français in there. ;-)
Pas si vite ! How did this all start?
A 30-year career, 4 albums, one single and an EP
Born in Paris, with Cameroonian roots, Coco was humming songs even before she could speak. Fast forward 25 years, and Coco is the winner of the Radio France Internationale Découvertes award in 1996, finalist of the BBC Radio 3 World Music Awards in 2002.
Her first album Sepia (2001) makes a bang. She tours the world with her band, later releasing her second album Sisea (2003). Invited by Peter Gabriel for the Live 8 Concert in 2005, Coco has since collaborated with many artists and has been involved in many projects.
In 2014, after a stint in musical theatre, her third album Jóa is born. More gigs follow and in 2020, she records her first African polyphonic and polyrhythmic vocal project, Ashuka Series Vol. 1. In 2021, her single Palaba sees the light, and in April this year, her EP ELA, featuring 3 songs that will also be on the new album.
Here's a taste of one of the new songs, Bh@frika, live at the Vortex.
What's been done so far?
3 songs have already been recorded and released, including Munyenge (live below) - 11 more to go!
What are the funds for?
Here's the shopping list!
1. Producer's fees £4300
2. Musicians' fees £2000
3. Community Manager's fees £500
4. Mixing & mastering engineer's fees £1500
5. Rehearsal studio £200
6. Co-producer £1000
Total: £10000 ≈ 11560€
While you're thinking about it, here's a sweet ballad for your eyes and ears.
So, what's in it for me?
You mean apart from wonderful new music from Coco??!
Everyone gets a party bag!
1. From £10 to £50: the first three tracks from the new album a few days before its official release
2. From £50 to £100: a free copy of the full digital album a few days before its official release
3. From £100 to £200: a free copy of the full digital album a few days before its official release + video extracts of the album recording sessions
4. From £200 to £350: Reward #3 + special mention on Coco Mbassi’s website
5. From £350 to £500: Rewards #3 & 4 + a private Q&A session with Coco about the new album
6. From £500: Rewards #3 to 5 + spend an hour in the recording studio with Coco & her co-producer
The 'party' ends on 24 December at midnight!
Find Coco on social media!
Who’s behind the project?
Coco of course... and Ida Béma for IB Productions!
I've been passionate about Media, Art and Culture since I was a teenager! What could be better than combining my passions with my professional activities?
I've been working with Coco Mbassi for almost 1 year now. We've joined forces to make her name and musical talent better known out there and to get her back on stage asap.
This new album is an important step to achieve our goal. What if we did it together?
Thanks for reading and for contributing!