* The clinic will move from the center to the outskirts of Richmond. This vulnerable patient population thus has to travel further to access service compared to the current site. Only 3% of the patient population is local.
* Patients and local residents will contend with heavy traffic. Peak traffic to clinic will occur in early morning hours when San Pablo Dam Road is most congested, reducing patient access and adding to the commute burden for local residents.
* The proposed site lacks medical, social and law enforcement support for clinic patients.
* Lack of public transportation and inadequate parking for patients.
* The proposed clinic site is next to a residential neighborhood, a day care center and a church
HOW WILL WE USE THESE FUNDS
We will use these funds to hire a consultant and/or attorney knowledgable about City of Richmond and Contra Costa County regulations who will assist us in fighting the location of this clinic in our neighborhood.
Unused funds not spent for this purpose will be returned to the donor in proportion to their donation.
- Dave Bhachu East Bay Physical Therapy
- Maurice Abraham
- Eric Galindo
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more