Cicily Price, 62, lost her home in Sanger on Railroad Avenue – and all belongings – after a house fire on Wednesday, Nov. 29. The fire was accidental and Cicily was not home. Cicily has cleaned homes for Sanger residents for over 40 years, and this was the only home she's known.
I've included a link to the story about the fire published yesterday by the Denton Record Chronicle.
Her son Artis Price, 39, lived in the home with his two children, Christina, 14, and Tyson, 9. Artis is a Sanger High School graduate and is well-known around Sanger. He coaches his son's 5th grade basketball team for Sanger Little League Basketball.
Artis came by my office at the Sanger News this morning (at my request to set up this fund), his eyes swollen and still in disbelief. Everything has been lost. His mother is an extremely proud woman and raised a proud son, but the family is in need of help right now, and there's no better place than this community to be when help is needed.
I'll stay in touch with Artis and Cicily regarding this fundraiser. If anyone would like to speak with me (Lee Ann Lemons) about it, I can be reached by text or call at [phone redacted] or drop by the Sanger News at 412 Bolivar St. in downtown Sanger.
DonationsSee top donations
- Sarah Ledbetter
- Amber Hogg
- Kathy Wilburn
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more