Wheaton IL House Fire

Late Friday night, August 1, 2014 my son Phil and his family had a serious house fire. My grandson smelled smoke while on the first floor of the home and ran to get Phil from the basement to tell him. Phil discovered the fire was on the second floor but was already out of control. Thank God that they are all ok, that is the important thing!  However, their master bedroom is a total loss. They lost their furniture, bedding, towels, personal items and all of their clothing.

This could not have come at a worse time for my son and his family. The town home they are living in is a rental and they do not have renters insurance. My son had been out of work for 1 1/2 years and is blessed to have found a great job but at substantially less of a salary than his previous position. They were already trying to deal with financial hardships and barely making it. This fire absolutely devastates them.  Phil and his wife Tammy lost everything including work clothing and, without renters insurance, they do not have the means to replace anything.

They desperately need help!  
 
Any and all donations would be a tremendous blessing and greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you in advance and God Bless You.
  • Dan and Kerri Colby 
    • $50 
    • 82 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $450 
    • 82 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $50 
    • 82 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $30 
    • 82 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $25 
    • 82 mos
See all

Organizer

Donna Young 
Organizer
Knox, IN
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more