Living or dying. When quality of life is no longer an option – shouldn’t we have the power to choose?
• Multiple Sclerosis
• Diseases that debilitate and deteriorate
A Personal Journey
In 2008, I watched my father James R. Halsey lose his 30 year battle with MS as he slowly drowned in his own bodily fluids. His lack of choice robbed him of a death with dignity. This project was born as an exploration of the “what ifs” that we experience when the lack of choice leaves us without viable options, and families are left to deal with the consequences.
The Film Project:
A collaborative effort of 3 accomplished writers/directors/producers, CHOICE: The Dignity Series is a story told in 3 distinct parts:
1. Father - Written by Joseph A. Halsey, Directed by Debra Markowitz; a son as caregiver for his father suffering from complications of MS.
2. Brother - Written by Debra Markowitz, Directed by David Spaltro; two brothers, one a drug addict suffering from untreated AIDS, and the one who tries to help him.
3. Daughter - Written by David Spaltro, Directed by Joseph A. Halsey; a daughter has decided to end her own life, legally, instead of suffering the most debilitating symptoms of her painful, terminal illness - and the mother who stands by her daughter’s side.
Under the direction of Halsey Films, Intention Films and Media, and Wandering/Cut Films, the Choice Trilogy is a true collaboration of industry insiders looking to make a difference.
We Invite You to TELL the STORY of your loved ones. We’ll share your personal stories in our FACEBOOK and Producers Page to honor those whose fight is an inspiration to us all. Help us celebrate their lives and contributions.
Please Like Us On Facebook
• Donate - any amount to help us get started.
By funding our initial project, “Mother”, you’re helping to build a platform for understanding the struggles that people live with every day. The Mother trailer is our prelude to the CHOICE Trilogy, three short films which address the lack of choices available to the living, (on the way to dying), by ultimately raising awareness and funds to help those in need. By funding the trailer for “Mother”, we build a foundation for telling the story of CHOICE through “Brother”, “Father” and “Daughter”.
Three very personal stories. Three very real issues. It’s the chance to make a difference and build a bridge of understanding that affects the ones we love, and may one day be our own personal story. What would having a choice mean to you? Help them find peace.
Mother release – February 2015
Choice The Trilogy – early 2016
A percentage of all funds will benefit the following organizations;
National MS Society
Compassion and Choice
Local organizations helping those with Aids and Addictions
DonationsSee top donations
- James Babbin
- Lisa Regina
- Gary Forrester
- Lisa Keefner
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more