My name is Alon Futterman and Ashkelon is my home, it's where I grew up, where my parents live and it is my community. Our homes in the southern region are under fire and we have suffered great loss. We need your help.
Families in neighborhoods in and around Ashkelon are huddled in public shelters for safety. Some cannot return to their homes because the threat is still imminent. My friends and I know this city and region well and have the connections necessary to deliver supplies to the shelters quickly. The families in the shelters left their homes with nothing and are in need of high-quality food, drinks, games for children, and basic necessities.
We need your help and are asking you to help us raise $50,000 to purchase supplies quickly and effectively. If you are interested in donating, please seize this opportunity. You have my pledge that supplies will quickly get to those who need it most.
Thank you, and please continue to stand with Israel in any way you can!
Former CEO and Director of TALMA Israel, member of UIA KH, and proud team member of Global Jewry.
Managing US outreach and sharing updates
Details of this GoFundMe Campaign
The goal of this campaign is to protect vulnerable communities by providing basic needs to survive this troubling time. Updates and photos will be sent to donors on a continual basis demonstrating the impact of contributions for local victims.
Background information on the organizer
Alon Futterman is the Founder of Talma, The Israel Program for Excellence in English, and a native member of the community in Ashkelon. He has built connections throughout the region including over 120 schools nationwide with mayors, council members, teachers, principals, families, and food and goods distributors. Alon can connect on a grassroots level to easily and quickly secure relief.
Alon and his colleagues are following a trauma-informed model to assess need and receiving directives from local officials including city council members to serve those in the poorest neighborhoods in dire need.
The focus of this GoFundMe campaign
To provide needed supplies to children in public shelters and the care teams that are supporting them. The care teams could include parents, grandparents, teachers, therapists, and local volunteers.
Donations through Gofundme will provide
Children in public shelters, their care teams, and grieving families who have been displaced due to the threat of missile fire will receive mattresses, meals, groceries, and other essential toiletries.
GoFundMe Questions and Answers
1. Your relationship to who you're raising funds for:
Alon Futterman is a social entrepreneur who has founded innovative initiatives in Israel. His career spans the worlds of entrepreneurship, government and politics, public education, international partnerships, aviation, and nonprofit organizations.
Alon’s LinkedIn Information
- Founder of TALMA, leading Israeli educational program in peripheral areas.
- Yediot Aharonot’s Person of the State of 2022
- Founder of public education forums in the south
- Secretary of the Dorner National Committee for Special Education policy
- 2019 Sderot Conference for Society award
- ELEM’s 2020 Man of the Year and Ray of of Hope Award winner
- Director of national educational program in honor of Israel’s 60th anniversary
- Founder and director of ElAl Ambassadors program
- Judge for Yedioth Ahronoth’s Teacher of the Country competition
- Lecturer for IDF, Ministry of Defense, and Prime Minister’s Office educational leadership training
- Author of “From All My Teachers” from Yedioth Books /
- Host of “Son of | Daughter of” podcast
- Member of board of directors of IDF Disabled Veterans Organization and Heroes for Life
2. A clear breakdown of what the funds raised will be spent on.
50% of funds will be spent on mattresses for those with no place to sleep
50% of funds will be spent on meals, groceries, and other essentials toiletries
3. A clear plan for how you will deliver the funds directly to who you’re raising money for or how you’ll use the funds on their behalf.
Donations will be used to purchase the above-mentioned items which were clearly identified by local organizers and leaders. Items will be delivered by Alon and his colleagues. Local organizers and leaders in Ashkelon have identified public shelters in the southern region that are in dire need of basic supplies.
Funds will be used for purchasing items for the above recipients. Items needed have been clearly identified by local organizers and leaders.